Yay, it’s time to share more about me! In a previous article you can already read 20 facts about me, but twenty is not enough. So here I’ll give you some other personal facts about me so you can get to know me better. Enjoy!
- I was eleven years old when I had my first flight. I flew to Thailand with my family and that was my first meeting with a country outside of Europe.
- My favorite city is Amsterdam, where I lived for two years. But Bangkok, Rome, Barcelona and some cities in Belgium are also my favorites!
- The continent that I have been to the most, outside of Europe, is Asia. I’ve been to six Asian countries and I can’t wait to explore more of it! I’ve been in Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Laos and Cambodia.
- I prefer to travel with a backpack and explore villages in the middle of nowhere.
- I’ve flown three times on my own: from Barcelona to Amsterdam and a return flight from Amsterdam to Los Angeles.
- My parents taught me how to ski when I was three years old. I always loved to ski but I haven’t done this for years now.
- I really want to make a world trip and I’m finally gonna do that. On the 10th of April I’m going to Nicaragua and I’ll start my big trip over there. Can’t wait!
- It’s cliche, but I loooove to get a new stamp in my passport. Unfortunately my passport is expired so I have to start all over again. Nicaragua will be the first stamp in my new passport (November 2017).
- I try to go on a trip every month. I don’t care if it’s just for two days or longer, I always enjoy going on a trip.
- My favorite travel partner is my boyfriend, because we love the same activities and places, and we always agree on the things we want to do while traveling.
- I have a cat called Henk and this beautiful boy is living with my parents. I also want to have a cat, but I’m gone a lot so unfortunately I can’t.
- I’ve tried several sports: athletics, hockey, ice skating, jazz ballet, hiphop, swimming, acrobatics… I didn’t like anything. Now I’m trying to run several times a week and I actually like it!
- I really wanna learn Spanish. A few years ago I started to follow some Spanish lessons in the evening, but I was too busy to do homework so I stopped learning. But when I’m in Central America my plan is to learn Spanish at a school.
- I love documentaries which have to do with solving murder cases.
- That’s why I always wanted to study Criminology but I ended up with Communications. A long story!
- My second name is Lisanne, a very Dutch name. By the way: my first name, Maaike, is the female version of Michael or Mike.
- I love sunglasses and I always buy new sunglasses. That’s why I don’t have expensive ones.
- I love mathematics and I’m actually pretty good at it.
- A few years ago I couldn’t get up in the early morning, but now I hate to sleep till late in the morning.
- When I was a little girl, I always wanted to be an artist, but it’s better for everyone that I didn’t become one.
Do you want to know something specific about me? Just let me know in a comment!